10-Year-Old Mexico City Boy Killed During 'Wreck-It-Ralph' Screening

The Wrap
10-Year-Old Mexico City Boy Killed During 'Wreck-It-Ralph' Screening
.

View photo

10-Year-Old Mexico City Boy Killed During 'Wreck-It-Ralph' Screening

UPDATE, 3:34 p.m.

A Disney spokesperson has commented, "Our hearts and thoughts are with his family and friends at this time." 

Previously:

Authorities in Mexico City are investigating the silent shooting of a 10-year-old boy during a screening of "Wreck-It-Ralph" at a Cinépolis movie theater -- the world's fourth largest chain -- on Nov. 2.

Although no audible gunshot was heard, Hendrik Cuacuas was struck in the front of the head by a bullet estimated to have been fired four to six feet away, police said.  

The victim's father, Enrique Cuacuas, told radio station Radio W (via The State) that he "heard something whistle" past his head before turning to his right to see his son bleeding and convulsing. The boy was rushed to the hospital, but died two days later.

Neither the luxury theater chain nor Disney have not returned calls for comment from TheWrap.

Unlike the tragic Colorado theater shooting during a screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" last summer, the anonymous shooter escaped the scene of the crime and still has not been caught.

"We will ask for the videos of the theater," assistant city prosecutor, Edmundo Garrido Osorio told The State. "We'll ask all employees who were there at the time to testify to seek what they say, and also to the cinema company."

Meanwhile, the victim's grandmother is asking the community to boycott the theater in fear of more children being injured. "Drug addicts go there, and they should do something about this," Lourdes Olivares told Milenio Television. "I ask for all mothers not to let their children go to this movie theater."

View Comments