WWF: The Arctic
The Arctic – from the tundra, to the mountains, and to the sea itself – covers eight countries. It supports magnificent wildlife, the economy, and many cultures. Within the United States, the remarkable waters of the Arctic are home to whales, polar bears, walruses, and other wildlife found in few other places on Earth. The region is under threat from such factors as climate change, shipping, and oil and gas development. One of World Wildlife Fund’s top priorities in the region is protecting sensitive habitats and the people and wildlife that depend on them from these impacts. We bring together local communities, industries, governments, scientific institutions, and other conservation organizations to conserve this vibrant region. Go to www.worldwildlife.org/arctic to learn more about the Arctic and what you can do to help protect this beautiful place.
- Photo By © Kevin Schafer / WWF-Canon/© Kevin Schafer / WWF-Canon Sun, Apr 15, 2012 8:17 PM EDT
1 - 4 of 50
Most Popular Stories
- Critics Fangs Are Out for the Wolfpack … Movie Talk - 18 hours ago
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Girl Fight: Most … Movie Talk - Wed, May 22, 2013 4:06 PM EDT
- John McCain: It's Common Sense That … The Wrap - 23 hours ago
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved … The Wrap - 22 hours ago
- Debbie Reynolds: We all knew Liberace … AP - Thu, May 23, 2013 3:45 AM EDT
Which Captain Kirk is your favorite?