Amazing balancing acts
Mallakhamb is an ancient Indian sport which originated as a complementary exercise for wrestling, but is now practiced as a sport in itself. The name is a combination of the words "malla", which means athlete or strong man, and "khamba", which means pole. Athletes perform a variety of yogic and gymnastic poses while suspended from a rope or on a pole. Practitioners say that the sport not only develops a healthy and strong body, but also strengthens willpower and helps compose the mind.
- Photo By STAFF/REUTERS Tue, Nov 13, 2012 7:00 PM EST
1 - 4 of 50
Most Popular Stories
- NYers furious over photos taken through … AP - 14 hours ago
- 'The Bling Ring' Broke Into Paris Hilton's … Movie Talk - Thu, May 16, 2013 11:59 AM EDT
- Monster-sized ‘Pacific Rim’ Gets the … Movie Talk - Thu, May 16, 2013 6:18 PM EDT
- 'Iron Man 3' races past $1 billion dollar … Reuters - Thu, May 16, 2013 7:40 PM EDT
- Real Life Bling Ring Hits Cannes: Red-Carpet … Movie Talk - 17 hours ago
Which Captain Kirk is your favorite?