Exciting news: we are convening a new Grill conference on June 28 at the AFCI Locations Show, and are pleased to make the following announcement:
TheGrill is pleased to announce that leading China experts Chris Fenton, President of DMG Entertainment and Larry Namer, founder of E! Entertainment and CEO and Founder of Metan Development Group, will be keynote speakers at "The Road to China: Global Finance and the Changing Film Landscape" on Friday, June 28, 2013 at the L.A. Convention Center.
DMG is one of China's leading media and entertainment companies, having just distributed "Iron Man 3" to $125 million in box office. DMG coproduces Hollywood films like "Looper," as well as distributes Chinese language films. DMG is also building a premiere cinema chain. Fenton will address this booming market and the rise of a Chinese entertainment culture.
Larry Namer, cofounder of the E! Entertainment Network, was invited by the Chinese government to start Metan Development Group in 2008. After five years, he has four shows on the air in China, produced exclusively for the Chinese audience, with many more in development.
"China is wide open," says Namer, who spends 70% of his time between Shanghai and Beijing. "But you've got to be in China."
TheWrap, Hollywood's leading voice about the forces transforming the entertainment industry, brings its unique conference format, TheGrill, to this year's AFCI Locations Show, on Friday, June 28th at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
The all-day event will focus on production financing and the most up-to-date information about the growing Chinese market, with special seminars and panels designed to help attendees construct a winning deal, find top tax incentives, and tap into the world's fastest growing market: China.
In addition to keynote interview, TheGrill@ Locations will address:
- Trends in Global Film and TV Financing
- How to Navigate China – Obstacles, Opportunities and Solutions
- Tax Incentives Around the Globe – What's Hot, What's New, What's Missing
- Visual Effects and Tax Incentives: A Race to the Bottom?
"China is the topic on everyone's mind in the entertainment industry," said Wrap Editor-in-Chief Sharon Waxman, "The media and entertainment industry is expected to grow 17% per year and China's box office is growing exponentially. We think it's the perfect time to bring thought leadership to this critical, growing space."
Other Grill speakers include:
- Lindsay Conner, Partner and Co-Chair, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips
- Namit Malhorta, CEO, Prime Focus
- Jeff Okun, SVP Prana and Chair of Visual Effects Society
- Franck Priot, COO, French Film Commission
- Mimi Steinbauer, President and CEO, Radiant Films International
- Marc Schipper, COO, Exclusive Media
- Stuart Ford, CEO of IM Global,
- Jon Niermann, EastMeetWest Productions.
For more information about TheGrill@ Locations Show and to register for the event, please visit: http://afcilocationsshow.com/thegrill
- Arts & Entertainment
- Metan Development Group
- Larry Namer