BREAKING: Magnolia Pictures is wrapping up a deal worth north of $1 million for S-VHS, after an auction that included Lionsgate and Drafthouse. The deal beats the sum for the first film VHS, which Magnolia also released. The film, which premiered Saturday in Sundance‘s Park City At Midnight section, is a found-footage pic where two private investigators looking for a missing student break into an abandoned house and find a collection of mysterious VHS tapes. They are horrific and shine a light on the motives behind the student’s disappearance. There is a gangbang of directors on this one: Simon Barrett, Adam Wingard, Eduardo Sanchez, Gregg Hale, Timo Tjahjanto, Gareth Huw Evans and Jason Eisener wrote and directed the pic. WME Global‘s Mark Ankner conducted the auction.
Explore Related Content
1 - 3 of 3
News for You
- Selena Gomez Curses During Jingle Ball 2013 Performance, Walks Off Stage
- Carrie Underwood Slams Sound of Music Live! Critics: Mean People Need Jesus
- Miley Cyrus Twerks on Santa Claus at 2013 Jingle Ball: Picture
- Stacy Keibler Flirts With New Boyfriend Jared Pobre at LAX, Five Months After George Clooney Split: …
- Paul Walker's Mother to Vin Diesel: 'You Lost Your Other Half'
Today on Yahoo
1 - 8 of 48
Red Carpet Galleries
1 - 4 of 20