Elisabeth Hasselbeck is heading to Fox News. The cable news network announced Tuesday that The View panelist will depart her ABC series and make the move to cable this fall.
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Hasselbeck's departure from The View was expected as part of a revamping that sees the exit of Joy Behar and the upcoming retirement of Barbara Walters.
Walters chimed in on Hasselbeck's departure in the announcement. "We have had ten wonderful years with Elisabeth and she will now be swimming in new waters," said the TV news veteran. "We will miss her and wish her everything good.”
FOX News chairman and ceo Roger Ailes, who made the announcement, also chimed in. “Elisabeth’s warm and engaging personality made her a star on The View," said Ailes. "She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”
More to come...
- Arts & Entertainment
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck
- Fox News
- Barbara Walters