Forever Premiere Video Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2" Forever Premiere Video Contest (the "Contest") related to the motion picture titled "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2" (the "Picture"), and is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees of Yahoo! Inc. ("Sponsor"), ePrize, Inc. ("Administrator"), Summit Entertainment, LLC ("Summit") and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, and all prize providers supplying prizes to be awarded in the Contest and advertising agencies associated with the Promotion (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 1st Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Administrator: ePrize, Inc., One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and/or Administrator and not to Facebook. Summit is not responsible for the administration of the Contest, the collection of entries, or the selection of winners.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on October 4, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on October 31, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit the Yahoo! Movies page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/YahooMovies (the "Website") where you may access the Contest application. Click on "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part 2 Video Contest" application and complete and submit the registration form including your first and last name, zip code, email address, and phone number. If you do not already "Like" the Yahoo! Movies page, you must first click on the "Like" button in order to access the application. Then, follow the directions to upload a video describing your favorite moment of the Twilight Saga or your most anticipated moment of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, hereafter referred to as your submission ("Submission"). By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Video Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Restrictions") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be in .avi, .dv, .mov, .qt, .mpg, .mpg2, .mpg4, .mp4, .3gp, .3g2, .asf, or .wmv format;
- The Submission must not exceed thirty (30) seconds in length;
- The Submission must not exceed thirty (30) MB in size; and
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator, Summit or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion;
- The Submission must not contain brand names, copyrights, or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license, or limited use of film franchise copyrighted material, to use to incorporate in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may upload one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified. Entrant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor and Summit a royalty-free, irrevocable,perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor, Summit or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Winner Determination: A panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential Runner-Up winners (each a "winner," and collectively referred to as "winners") with the highest-scoring Submissions from among all eligible Submissions based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
Fit to Contest Theme (50%);
- Quality of Video Production (30%);
- Creativity (10%); and
- Enthusiasm (10%)
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for "Fit to Contest Theme" as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than eleven (11) winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
6. Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Each potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone on or around November 1, 2012, using the information provided at the time of entry. All potential winners are subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules before any prize will be awarded. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (collectively, "Releases"), which must be received by Administrator within twenty-four (24) hours of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Releases within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor, Summit and their designees may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness,Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional,advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, the winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor and Summit the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
7. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in the Contest. The "Grand Prize" will consist of two (2) coach-class round trip airline tickets for the Grand Prize winner and a guest, from a major U.S. airport (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) near winner's primary residence on an airline of Sponsor's choice unless winner lives within 150 miles of Los Angeles, California, in which case ground transportation will be provided and difference in ARV not awarded) to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy, room and tax only) in Los Angeles; two (2) tickets to "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2" premiere screening in Los Angeles, CA (the "Premiere") (seating determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and ground transportation to and from airport, hotel, and the Premiere. Winner must travel to Los Angeles during November on the dates required by Sponsor or its designee, or prize will be forfeited. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in her/her state as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these after booking will be at the sole expense of the Grand Prize Winner; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Trip must be taken on dates and at times determined by Sponsor (which are subject to change) in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. The Grand Prize winner understands and agrees that Sponsor and/or prize provider have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Grand Prize winner or his or her guest from any activity at any time without compensation if the Grand Prize winner's or his or her guest's behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Sponsor or prize provider, and in such a case, Grand Prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses relating to the prize. Grand Prize winner's and his or her guest's seat assignments during the Premiere will be designated by Sponsor (or prize provider). No one may be admitted to the Premiere without a ticket or after the Premiere begins. Tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and be responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Grand Prize Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability form prior to ticketing. The actual value of the travel portion may vary depending on city of departure, date and times of travel, airfare fluctuations and hotel charges at the time of travel. Therefore, the actual value of the Grand Prize awarded may be lower or higher at the time it is fulfilled. Any difference between actual value and stated ARV will not be awarded. Grand Prize elements will not be replaced if lost, stolen or mutilated, are not redeemable for cash, and are not transferable except at Sponsor's sole discretion. No substitution allowed, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. All taxes are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the Grand Prize received. Passes and tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Sponsor and Summit are not responsible if the Premiere is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,000.
TEN (10) RUNNER-UP PRIZES: Ten (10) Runner-Up Prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Each "Runner-Up Prize" will consist of one (1) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 Original Soundtrack and one (1) of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 movie poster (to be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each Runner-up Prize: $25. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
8. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, members, directors, employees and agents, along with Facebook (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties make no warranties, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Promotion. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOTLIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions or votes or the tabulating of votes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Entrant's Personal Information: Information from entrants in this
14. Winner List: For any legally required winner list, visit http://bit.ly/OAjZTm after the Contest Period has ended (and after winner confirmation is complete).
© 2012 ePrize, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Motion Picture Artwork TM & © 2012 Summit Entertainment, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Contests & Giveaways
- Hobby Events