NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Yahoo!® Summer Movieland Sweepstakes - II (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old or the age of majority in their state of residency, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Employees of Yahoo! Inc., Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Paramount Pictures Corporation, Lionsgate Entertainment Corp., Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc., Universal Studios, Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc., Focus Features, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Summit Entertainment, LLC, Fandango, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Yahoo! Inc., 701 1st Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), ends on September 9, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"), and includes ten (10) independent Sweepstakes corresponding to the release of ten (10) summer movies as set forth in the chart below.
|Movie Sweepstakes||Starts at 12:00 a.m. ET||Ends at 11:59 p.m. ET||Mail-in Receipt Date||Approximate Drawing Date|
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid||8/1/12||8/19/12||8/27/12||8/29/12|
|The Bourne Legacy||8/1/12||8/19/12||8/27/12||8/29/12|
|The Odd Life of Timothy Green||8/8/12||8/26/12||9/4/12||9/6/12|
|The Expendables 2||8/15/12||9/2/12||9/11/12||9/13/12|
Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for each Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter each Movie Sweepstakes:
(a) Purchase tickets to see the movie: During the Promotion Period, visit http://movies.yahoo.com/movieland and complete and submit the registration form. You will be asked to provide your name and valid email address including a valid email address. Follow the links and instructions to purchase at least one (1) ticket to view one (1) of the movies listed above and you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes for the applicable movie. You will not earn a Sweepstakes entry if you purchase movie tickets through other online methods. You will only receive one (1) entry into the applicable Movie Sweepstakes drawing regardless of the number of tickets you purchase.
(b) Enter Without Ticket Purchase: Hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Yahoo! Summer Movieland Sweepstakes," c/o ePrize, LLC, PO Box 5046, Dept No. 585471, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5046. You must include the name of the movie associated with the Sweepstakes for which you would like to enter on the front of the envelope. If you do not list a movie your entry will not be included in any drawing. You will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Movie Sweepstakes drawing. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten and must be postmarked by the end date and received by the receipt date (both listed in the chart above). All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
Limit: You may only enter one (1) time for each Movie Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners for each Movie Sweepstakes from all eligible entries received for the applicable Movie Sweepstakes (entries received for other movies will not be included), on or around the dates listed in the chart above. The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner will be required to provide his or home address (P.O. Boxes not permitted) within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to claim the prize. Except where prohibited, the potential winner of any prize valued at $600 or greater will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Administrator within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to provide his or her home address or sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (as applicable), the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award prizes valued at greater than $25 to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain unawarded. Unclaimed prizes valued at $25 or less will not be awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of each Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: Each Movie Sweepstakes has its own prizes, as described below:
TEN (10) DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: DOG DAYS PRIZES: A signed copy of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $15.
ONE (1) TOTAL RECALL PRIZE: Virtual Gaming system prize package, including: PlayStation 3 320 GB system, one (1) dualshock wireless controller and three (3) additional wireless controllers, one (1) PlayStation Move motion wireless controller and three (3) additional motion controllers, a PlayStation Eye camera, a Sony BRAVIA 45" 3D-Ready LED HDTV, four (4) Sony rechargeable 3D adult glasses and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray Home theater System. ARV: 2,925.
TEN (10) BOURNE LEGACY PRIZES: A prize package including a Bourne Legacy computer bag, 2GB USB drive, and a Bourne Legacy T-shirt. ARV: $100
ONE (1) SPARKLE PRIZE: A $450 Live Nation gift card and $100 Bebe gift card (terms and conditions of each gift card apply). ARV: $550.
TEN (10) THE CAMPAIGN PRIZES: A signed movie poster. ARV: $20.
TWELVE (12) THE ODD LIFE OF TIMOTHY GREEN PRIZES: A Timothy Green DVD. ARV: $20
FIVE (5) PARANORMAN FIRST PRIZES: A prize package including the following: Activity Book, Slippers, Toothbrush, T-shirt, Keychain, Notebook, Backpack and Pencil Pack, Nightlight and 10th Anniversary DVD packs. ARV: $150
TEN (10) PARANORMAN SECOND PRIZES: A prize package including the following: Activity Book, Toothbrush, T-shirt, Keychain, Notebook, Pencil Pack and Nightlight. ARV: $50
TEN (10) THE EXPENDABLES II PRIZES: DVD set including the following movie titles: Warrior, The Bank Job, Crank, Transporter, Rambo (Blue-Ray & Digital Copy), Never Surrender, Expendables, Crank 2, and Next 3 Days. ARV: $144.80
ONE (1) PREMIUM RUSH PRIZE: A bicycle (all features, colors and size determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV: $418.
FIVE (5) THE APPARITION PRIZES: DVD set including the following movie titles: Coma, Outland, Altered States, Brainstorm, and Frequency. ARV: $99.90.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Sizes and colors of apparel will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Features and specifications of all movie SWAG prizes will be determined by sponsor in its sole discretion. The autograph on "signed prizes" will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Movie Sweepstakes.
Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Paramount Pictures Corporation, Lionsgate Entertainment Corp., Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc., Universal Studios, Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc., Focus Features, Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Summit Entertainment, LLC, Fandango, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit http://bit.ly/I5hpvC. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
© 2012 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.
- Hobby Events
- Contests & Giveaways