Casper is returning as the Johnny Cage character in “Mortal Kombat Legacy II,” the live-action web series from Warner Bros. Digital Distribution. All episodes are available now on Machinima.
Van Dien lives in Los Angeles with his wife, actress Catherine Oxenberg, with whom he has two children. He spoke to us about his Popsessions while driving his car on the way to a screening of the "Mortal Kombat" series.
1. What was the first movie you saw? "Star Wars." I had a really cool dad. We waited in line for 8 hours together.
2. What movie makes you cry? "Stop or My Mother Will Shoot" or "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion."
3. Who is the movie character you wish you could be? Tony in "Westside Story."
4. What do you eat/drink while watching a movie in the theater? They have those theaters now with the food, so I like ribs, and then I get water.
5. What’s the TV show you never miss? "Breaking Bad"
6. What TV show would you like to live in? "Mortal Combat." They aren't making it yet but if they did, I'd love to live in it. Life would be a lot of fighting, and I'd have to wear cool sunglasses and get punches in the nuts.
7. Who is your TV crush? Catherine Oxenberg, when she was on "Dynasty." You're not going to get me to slip up on this question.
8. What TV theme song do you still remember the words to? "Gilligan's Island."
9. What’s the guiltiest pleasure currently on your DVR? This one I got sucked into because of my wife, but "Downton Abbey." It's a great show but I'm from Jersey and I went to a military school, and I look at this and those accents and everything. I also used to watch "Ab Fab" with my wife.
10.What is your karaoke song?Garth Brooks, "Thunder Road," maybe. But most people like to turn the sound off when I do it.
11.What is your favorite album? U2 "Joshua Tree."
12. What was your first concert? U2
13.What website do you visit when no one is watching? Right now it's bodybuilding.com because I'm buying all these different supplements, because I just started using supplements again, because I'm working out really hard and my wife if looking at my to stop. And I also look at websites that have koi fish on them because I have a big koi pond. And I also look at websites that have bonsai trees because I have a lot of them. I have one area in the house that I'm allowed to have, and it just happens to be outside of the house, except I'm not supposed to buy any more bonsai trees or koi, because I've gone over the limit I guess.
14.What phone app do you use the most?Twitter
15.Who is your favorite Tweeter? My wife. @catoxenberg She also puts out these cute little quotes that are profound and move people, while I put out, "Kill them all" and "Come on you ain't gonna live forever" and "you got caged."
16.What article of clothing can't you not live without? That depends on where you're at because if you're in the jungle, you need your leather g-string if you're swinging and you're Tarzan. Those vines can get trapped between your legs when you're swinging from vine to vine. I learned that the hard way.
17. What was on your favorite t-shirt growing up? Paul Newman's face. I had a t-shirt when I was a little kid that had Paul Newman's face on it. I think it was a hand-me-down from one of my sisters, but I just thought he was so cool.
18.Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall as a kid/teen? Who? I had Paulina Porizkova.
19.Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who? Every year I dress as Casper the Friendly Ghost every year. I have a big giant white Casper head and I walk around and everyone says, 'Hi Casper!' and I say, 'How can they tell who I am?' My kids don't think it's funny anymore, I've been that for the last 24 years.
20. What movie do you wish you could unsee? Some of mine, but I think that's where I've put my foot in my mouth before because I've been so blatantly rude about some people's work and it's not fair, because of all the heart they've put in it. But I like watching even bad movies. My wife say's I'll watch anything, and she's right.
21. What movie have you seen the most times? "The Searchers" with John Wayne. I watch a lot of Westerns multiple times.
22. What movie do you quote the most? "Starship Troopers" I quote it the most because everyone tweets it at me, or I'll walk down the street and people will say "Rico!" and I'll say back 'Ewww Ah!" It gets tweeted to me all day long.
23. What's your favorite Nic Cage film? "Raising Arizona."
- Arts & Entertainment
- Casper Van Dien
- Catherine Oxenberg
- Johnny Rico
- Mortal Kombat Legacy