While a teaser had been released earlier in the year, the new trailer is bigger and badder in every way. From our first look at the new tributes in action to a look at the Quarter Quell itself, we've rounded up some of the craziest things we saw – in .GIF form.
1. Say cheese – Katniss and Peeta get close, but only in front of these cool moving cameras.
2. The first sign of rebellion – angry street art slogans.
3. Katniss and Gale finally lock lips, but don't worry, the film's not getting soft on us.
4. Case in point: Gale's violent lashing. Readers of the books already know this, but from "Catching Fire" onward, the story gets much more intense, both in violence and in themes.
5. Who else got chills when the camera panned over the Capitol? Compared to the 75th Hunger Games, last year's competition was child's play.
6. Several of the story's important side characters were finally shown in action. Let's take a moment to appreciate Sam Claflin's hilariously and appropriately attired Finnick…
7. …as well as Jena Malone's incredibly badass Johanna.
8. And you thought the last movie had cool training sequences. These suped up simulators look absolutely incredible.
9. Katniss loves her some tricked out dresses, but this one takes the cake in terms of political messaging.
10. We FINALLY get a look at the Games themselves. Also: check out that expanding border – yeah, this baby's definitely IMAX ready.
BONUS: Caesar Flickerman's insane grin.
Keep up with all the "Catching Fire" news with our special movie page here.
- Arts & Entertainment